What are some skills you need as a transcriptionist:
Where can you find Transcription jobs
With the rapid growth of online entreprenuers there is an increase in the number of bloggers and YouTubers, both of whom need transcribers to convert their videos into blog posts.
Here are some businesses that require your transcription services.
1. YouTubers require you to transcribe their videos for viewers that prefer a written transcript to read, rather than watching the entire video.
2. Similarly, entrepreneurs that have podcasts, would require their interviews to be transcribed into blog posts.
3. Corporate businesses need their board meetings and conference calls to be transcribed.
4. Legal professionals – hearings, police interviews and interrogations
5. Journalists and media professionals – for TV interviews and biographies.
The list doesn’t stop here. Any organisation that conducts interviews, or does research will require their work to be transcribed.
From educational institutes to those who do market research, all need transcriptionists. Almost every online business owner, has a blog attached to their company. So there is a demand for transcribers to write out blog posts for them.
Apart from checking out online job directories like Indeed, here are 20 transcription companies that are regularly hiring.
1. What is a transcriptionist?
2. How much money can you make as a transcriptionist?
3. What types of transcription jobs are there available?
4. How can a beginner get started?
5. How can one get qualified?
6. How long does it take to be a transcriptionist?
7. Where can you find transcription work?
8. Is this job flexible for stay at home moms?
9. Any last words of advice for those willing to get started?
Lesson 1: Learn about Janet (your instructor), plus exactly what transcription is and why it’s an invaluable skill in today’s digital world.
Lesson 2: Learn who uses transcriptionists, what it takes to become one, and the two keys to success as a transcriptionist.
Lesson 3: We’re busting the biggest myth out there about transcription.
Lesson 4: Learn 10 signs you’re not a good fit for transcription
Lesson 5: How much can you earn as a transcriptionist? It’s not going to make you rich, but you can earn great money if you take the time to learn and develop your skills. This lesson details what affects your earnings as a transcriptionist.
Lesson 6: Where does transcription work come from?
Lesson 7: What do you need to get started? We include a recommended list of equipment and an invitation to hop on board with TA as a student