Virtual assistant jobs involve providing support and helping a company, brand, or professional organize their business through online personal assistance.
It’s a way for you to work remotely, doing a variety of tasks based on the needs of your client.
This post is going to show you everything you need to know to find virtual assistant jobs from home, including how to get started, how much virtual assistant jobs pay, finding part-time virtual assistant jobs, and more!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Disclosure.
Virtual Assistant Job Description
A virtual assistant will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks that may vary based on the client.
There are general virtual assistants, performing admin-based job duties and there are specialized virtual assistants that do specific kinds of work and may have titles like this:
- Real estate virtual assistant
- Marketing virtual assistant
- Bookkeeping virtual assistant
- Social media virtual assistant
You can see by the titles that some of these jobs require more industry-specific tasks done, based on the job while a general VA may do things like answering emails, scheduling meetings, calendar management, light copywriting, note-taking during meetings, scheduling social media posts, etc.
Here are some skills required to become a VA (virtual assistant):
- Excellent communication skills
This is the perfect job for someone looking for flexible, rewarding work that can be very lucrative on a part-time or full-time basis.
Virtual Assistant Jobs from Home
Many people find virtual assistant work fulfilling and flexible.
You get to work remotely, from the comfort of home, with other perks, which may include:
- Creating your own schedule
- Working nights and/or weekends (if you desire)
- Unlimited pay potential
- Be your own boss-take on multiple clients for more work and more income
- Plus, more benefits
What you’ll need to work from home as a virtual assistant?
Generally, you’ll need a quiet workspace (especially if taking phone calls). You’ll also need a home office or space where you can perform your work, computer access, with a reliable internet connection.
Getting Started as a Virtual Assistant
Getting started as a virtual assistant is easier than ever.
First, identify your skills. This is important so you have a good understanding of the types of jobs you can and can’t do, which is super helpful during the job hunt process.
Next, prepare your resume.
Even if you’ve never worked as a personal assistant or virtual assistant before, your skills, education, background, and experience are valuable and can show that you would be an excellent virtual assistant.
Make sure you highlight all relevant skills on your resume and make sure you “shine” on paper.
Then, start your job search.
Becoming a Virtual Assistant
If you are looking for a resource to help you become a successful virtual assistant, Gina Horkey has one of the best courses online.
Her course – Fully Booked VA is one of the most in-depth training for new VA’s.
It is a step-by-step training that teaches how you can become a highly skilled VA in less than 30 days – starting from scratch.
How to Find Part-Time Virtual Assistant Jobs
You can find full-time and part-time virtual assistant jobs through job hunting online.
Here are some places you can check out for virtual assistant jobs:
So online, jobs will be found on job banks, including freelancer job banks as well as social media channels, like Facebook groups, LinkedIn jobs, and more.
Are you a beginner looking for virtual assistant work?
Check out these other virtual assistant jobs to get you started:
9. Fancy Hands
10. Vicky Virtual
11. Time Etc.
12. 99 Dollar Social
Finding Work at Fancy Hands
At Fancy Hands, you’ll be doing task-based work including:
- Making phone calls for clients, like cancelling their cable service, for example
- Scheduling appointments (like doctors appointments, business appointments, etc.)
- Researching the best price for something
- Finding hotels that meet requirements
- Data entry work
You’ll need great communication skills, reliable internet access, be a self-starter, and access to an audio headset.
Learn more about working with Fancy Hands.
Working with Vicky Virtual
At Vicky Virtual, they are seeking virtual assistants who can answer phone calls.
- Live in the U.S.
- A fast, reliable computer with a stable, high-speed internet connection
- Quiet work environment during business hours (for phone calls)
- Fast learner, with the ability to quickly learn how to use multiple types of software, email, and live chat computer programs
- A great attitude: upbeat, caring, cheerful, empathetic, customer-focused attitude
- Phone-based support or customer service experience a bonus
- A sense of humour
They pay $10/hour and you can read more about this position here.
Working for Time Etc.
Time Etc. is one of the top places that hire virtual assistants. They are looking for workers with a background as a personal assistant, executive assistant, or similar.
- At least 2 to 3 years commercial experience
- Ability to work Monday through Friday
- Ability to work part-time
- Ability to remotely, from home
- Computer access with Office software suite
VA Jobs at 99 Dollar Social
They are currently seeking virtual assistants to write content for their small business clients.
Some of the position requirements include:
- The ability to speak and write in English with no mistakes
- Skills to search within a search engine
- Computer access with an internet connection
- Must be able to work Monday-Friday
To read more about the requirements and apply, click here.
VA Jobs at Belay
Belay is a well known and top-ranked virtual solutions company.
They are currently hiring for a contractor virtual assistant that requires a Bachelor’s degree and must be available during business hours, among other requirements.
Here’s more information on the kind of work you’ll be doing:
- Maintain a calendar
- Email management and organization
- Prepare presentations and/or spreadsheets
- Social Media management
- Create structure/workflow/processes
- Research technologies and make recommendations
- CRM administration
- Make travel arrangements
- Event planning and coordination
- Project Assistance/Coordination
Zirtual is an online platform that provides virtual assistant jobs to help businesses.
This means there is often a vacancy for virtual assistants. They are currently only hiring VA’s in the US who can provide a turn around time of 24-48 hours.
You can choose your hours of work between Monday – Friday.
Job role usually involves coordinating meetings, schedule appointments, organizing your emails and managing your calendars.
How Much You Can Make as a Virtual Assistant
As a virtual assistant, you can expect to earn $10/hour to $50/hour depending on the job. Some technical VA jobs even pay up to $100/hour.
When considering your pay, things like your work experience, educational background, skills and tasks required will be looked at.
Check out this free list of 275+ services you can offer if you become a virtual assistant.
Final Thoughts on Virtual Assistant Jobs
Do you feel empowered to go out and find a virtual assistant job?
Don’t delay here. If you’re truly interested in becoming a virtual assistant, go out and find that dream job.
Bookmark this post as a resource you can come back to in the future!
Have you worked as a virtual assistant?
Share your experience down below in comments. We would be interested to hear from you.
Don’t forget to check out this Virtual Assistant training if you want to start an online virtual assistant business from scratch!