*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the full disclosure here.
Most of us start a blog hoping to make money and create a passive income from home.
I must admit the first couple of months are the hardest because of the learning curve.
But it usually doesn’t take long to make your first $100 blogging.
I was happy to see this happen in my first-month blogging – I had spent 3 months of learning before I began this blog which had been very helpful.
Today I have compiled a list of income reports from NEW BLOGGERS making well over $1000 a month in their first year blogging. Take advantage and get inspiration, and learn from these new bloggers on how to make money with a blog for beginners in any niche.
I honestly hope this motivates you. Don’t be upset if you haven’t made any money after a year or so of blogging. It could be the smallest mistake you are making that is hurting your chances of being successful.
Take a look at their blog – design, layout, navigation bar, text/font size
But before we get to it, let me show you a few ways to make money blogging. This is a quick checklist so you know you have tried all these blog income streams to make you money.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure here.
9 MUST-TRY Ways to Make Money with a Blog
1. Make Money from display ads on your blog – Here are 3 of my favourite ad networks apart from Google Adsense.
2. Affiliate marketing – Placing affiliate links within your blog posts, affiliate banners in your sidebar and promoting direct affiliate links on Social Media. You can use Amazon affiliate links, links to ebooks or online courses, subscription boxes and services.
3. Sponsored posts – This is one of the best ways to make money blogging, no matter how small your blog is. A sponsored post is an article you write on your blog for a brand/company, and they pay you for it to be published on your site. Instead of searching online and reaching out to brands, you can try this website for sponsored post opportunities. They pay anywhere between $65-$5,000 per post.
4. Get paid up to $200 to write for other blogs.
5. Create your own digital product – ebooks/online courses
6. Connect a store/eCommerce site to your blog to sell products.
7. Offer services – freelance writing, sell pin image templates if you enjoy creating Pinterest images (you can do this as a bundle), create logos for websites, sell personalized printables, offer virtual assisting or Pinterest VA services.
8. One-on-One coaching – through emails or a skype call. Price them per hour or per email.
9. Request donations – This free site Ko-fi allows you to place banners or links on your site to accept donations from happy readers. You can sign up here and insert the images on your blog’s footer or sidebar. The payments you
Ready to start your own blog?
Siteground is one of the best hosting company for new and advanced bloggers. I started my blog with Siteground and have had the best experience with them.
From increased site speed, security and top-class customer service available 24 x 7, they are very reliable and trustworthy.
The best part is, you can just head to their online chat service and get them to walk you through the registration process with Siteground and installing WordPress. I am not a technical person, so this was the best option for me. The customer service representative stayed with me online till I got fully set up – which was very helpful.
You can use this discount link to get Siteground hosting for less than $4 a month>>
Brand new bloggers
1. This blog here talks about Walt Disney! From attractions to cruises to tickets and planning. It has made over $600 in the second-month blogging – Yes not $1,000 yet, but is heading in the right direction.
2. A blog
3. Tried and true mom jobs by Whitney helps moms work from home. Whitney took 5 months to reach her first $1,000 and has since made $2,000 so far.
4. A bullet journalling blog that is all about time management and organizing. This blog has made $2700 in the fifth month of blogging and maintained at least $1500 each month since then.
5. A blog that teaches bloggers to learn the art of blogging and making money. Anastasia made first her $2000 in her 11th-month blogging. She made a jump from $650 average per month to $2000 as soon as was accepted to Mediavine – a
This is another blog in the same niche, at 10 months in and making $1,000+ every month!
6. A Blog by two Moms that have grown their blog to help moms on a journey through motherhood. The blog is now 11 months old and has made over $1000 in the 5th month and over $4000 in the 10th month.
7. Real Mom Recs made her first $1000 in month 10 of her mommy blog. She’s now at month 14 and makes $2500/month.
8. A blog about surviving motherhood and earning
9. Cleaning hacks and organizing your home is what Lindsay blogs about and made her first $1000+ month at 5 months into blogging! Her blog is 9 months old now and makes anywhere between $1,500-$2000/month. Most of my income comes from ads and affiliates
12. Here’s a great way to make money from your blog – by opening an Etsy store! A blog about natural healing that makes money from her Etsy store, but gets most of her sales from her blog. Last month she made over $6000.
13. Ashley writes about a New Mom and Toddler Life and made her first $1000 during my 9th month of blogging after being approved by an ad network and using Pinterest. She has made over $1000 every month since.
13. This here is a Lifestyle Blogger who made her first $1000 month in her 5th-month blogging and now makes almost $2700 a month and this lifestyle blogger that made over $1,000 in her 11th-month blogging. Here is her income report that gives you some details.
Bloggers rocking it in
14. Ben has taken it to the next level with a blog he started in October called Dollar sprout which makes him 10,000+/month!
15. Mad Creations hub is a blog that is only 4 months old and in the first month as a business, has made over 24k in sales. And in 11 months time has turned over 250k in total.
16. Chelsea made her first $1000 in month 2, now consistently make more than $10k each month on her 1-year-old beauty blog.
I know I did say “16 new blog income reports” – but this girl is incredible. Debbie has a blog about Hardwood flooring that she started in 2011 but only began monetizing it in 2016. She now averages over 280k pageviews a month that brings in an income of $9,800/month. Debbie attributes her success to Pinterest and strongly believes in SEO and optimizing your site to rank in Google.
There you have it!
Yes, it is possible to make money blogging, and if you have heard from people that blogging can’t make you money, or that it takes years before you see a potential income, I think
Get $5 for signing up with Swagbucks: Make extra money by browsing the web, watching videos, playing online games and testing new products - clothing, food, cosmetics and more! Its free to join. Sign up for your chance to get a $5 Swagbucks bonus.
Need a little more motivation?
I have completed one year on this blog as of March 2019 and make over $1,300 a month with ad income and over $1,000 in affiliate income. I receive over 100,000 page views a day.
The only resource that has got me this far with pageviews is this Pinterest course. It’s easy to understand and written in a very non-techie way with excellent examples and videos to make learning easy. Pinterest is the biggest source of traffic to a new blog, so I made use of it following these guidelines set out.
Once you’ve nailed Pinterest I cannot recommend this course enough for SEO. I know there are endless blogging resources available that cost money – and I have spent a lot of money on products that gave me the information I already knew. But Mike’s SEO course is different, it’s filled with videos that are very simplified, yet offer smart ways to rank on Google. Even his free email video course is a hidden treasure, a must-read to rank on search engines.
If you are stuck with anything blogging related or if you are a new blogger that needs a little help and motivation, send me an email and we can work together.
Have you started making money on your blog? No matter how small it is, share your win in the comments below and let’s motivate each other!