No Spend Challenge
Having a no spend month is a great way to get your family finances under control.
When it comes to rules, it’s not easy setting boundaries that are too hard to follow. Achievable targets make a challenge more doable.
In today’s post, we are going through 23 ways for a no spend month challenge, where you spend less making by choosing the best alternatives.
This post may contain affiliate links. Disclosure here.
First, if you are in debt and looking for ideas to make some money without investing, here are a few ways to make money fast.
Make money without spending:
1. Surveys – I thought I start with some super simple money making ideas in your spare time that will earn you quick cash. With Survey Junkie you can make up to $50 answering questions in your spare time. Unlike many survey sites, this one is very reliable and has been rated well by over 9 million users in the US, Canada and Australia.
2. Write and earn – Here is a list of websites that will pay you to write per article. You can make up to $200 for each post. If you love to write why not make some money from it? Most of them accept writers even if you have no experience.
4. A neat little list of no investment jobs you can start today. These jobs can make you $500 or $1000 depending on the amount of time you can contribute.
Let’s see how we can save money by following a few frugal ways as a family.
5. Do a few DIY projects. I love watching YouTube and Pinterest videos to try a few hacks that will save me money. Here are some home decor projects that might interest you.
6. Make use of all the ingredients in your fridge. I always have a bunch of leftover ingredients in my kitchen and often lost for ways to use it. Supercooks is a website that lets you put the names of the ingredients and gives you relevant recipes ideas.
7. If you normally shop online, try using Paribus. This is a free app that gives you automatic refunds when there is a price drop on products you have already purchased. Once you sign up and connect your email, it will conduct regular scans and search for email receipts and give you a refund if you are eligible. Check out the list of retailers that work with Paribus.
8. Acorns is a smart investment app for beginners who are looking to save small money. Say you buy a coffee at the shops for $3.40, the Acorns app will automatically round this money to the closest dollar and invest the $0.60 for you.
9. Save money on presents for Christmas or birthdays, with this big list of ideas to help you earn free gift cards redeemable at Amazon, Target or Walmart.
10. De-clutter on Saturday and have a garage sale on Sunday. Get rid of things you don’t need, and if they are in good condition, sell them to someone who might need it. Your home will look refreshed and you can make some extra money too.
11. Reduce food wastage – Stack leftovers in the front of the fridge shelf so you can spot them easily and won’t waste food. Clear containers are perfect to grab your attention.
12. Fun backyard activities for kids – You can let them play in the water sprinkler, in a paddling pool or in the sandpit.
13. BBQ in the garden – a great way to enjoy good food with family and friends.
14. Have lunch in the park – a nice idea if the kids want to go out somewhere. Pack some homecooked food, grab some drinks and some snack if it’s going to be a long day. This way you are not tempted to buy food from outside because you don’t have enough to go.
15. Visit places like the library, beach, the farm (the free ones of course;) museum, nearby or any other free local attractions.
16. Church on Sundays – make this a routine and keep your family blessed 🙂
17. Family yoga – Definitely a good thing to try. There are so many levels of yoga that you can start with the beginner level if it’s your first time. Meditation is also a good way to distress from the weekly hassle.
18. Donate to charity – This is, in fact, a great way to teach kids the importance of sharing and caring for others at a very young age. Giving to people that need things more than we do.
19. Walk the dog – keeps you fit and active.
Get kids involved
20. Picnic for kids – Great play idea for smaller children.
21. Get kids to help clean up. Play your kids favorite music to make it fun and not boring. Keep them in a happy mood while they learn to be responsible.
22. Create fun weekend kid-friendly recipes – naan pizza, fruit kebabs and some other easy recipes the kids can help with.
23. Involve kids in storytelling – swap screen time for books! This not only develops their confidence in reading in front of others but also improves their reading.
24. Grow a veggie patch – nothing beats eating healthy home grown produce. My toddler loves this! Kids can enjoy caring for a veggie patch. Plant your kids favorite fruit or veg this makes them even more excited about it.
There you have it! Super easy yet, super healthy activities that will not just save you money but will make you a happy family.
What your favorite no spend tip? Let us know in the comments below.